The Advocacy Club 2019 Symposium Series
August 6 to 16, 2019
Organized by Advocacy Club members Robin Brown and Ludmilla Jarda, this series of 4 symposia will train junior lawyers in the techniques of a specialized area of litigation. To register, contact the specific symposium organizers, as shown below. Seating is limited, so please contact the organizers first. Symposium Series tab here.
The Advocacy Club will stage four 2-day symposia to train participants in specific areas of law:
Each symposium will focus on techniques, not substantive law. Each will feature:
- Headline presentations by leaders in the field.
- Participation by KPMG Forensic Accountants, both as presenters and as expert witnesses.
- A session on counsel dealing with each other and with self-represented parties to better facilitate litigation and negotiate settlements.
- A session with a leading decision-maker from the Superior Court or LAT.
- Breakout sessions led by experienced counsel. Hands-on learning with feedback from experts, Advocacy Club style!
- 100% of all CPD credits required by the LSO (including EDI).
- Seating is limited.
- Cost is $350 per person per 2-day session, plus HST. Part of the proceeds will support uOttawa (Family Law) and CCLA Renovation Project (Corporate, SABS and Wrongful Dismissal).
Organizers for the Symposium Series are Advocacy Club members Robin Brown (Cavanagh) and Ludmilla Jarda (Nelligan O’Brien Payne). Each session is organized by two Club members who practice in the area covered by the session.